Physicians for Reform (PFR) is a non-profit organization founded by C. L. Gray, MD in 2006 to craft patient-centered solutions for American healthcare. PFR is a network of physicians, patients, and business owners working to advance fiscally responsible alternatives to the Affordable Care Act. Together, we can recapture the heart of medicine and rebuild the American healthcare system.
- Patients — Not only will millions of Americans remain uninsured, millions of previously insured American now find themselves without the coverage they once enjoyed. One of PFR’s highest priorities is to advance healthcare policies that address these needs.
- Physicians — Americans trust working physicians. Early in the debate, a Gallup poll found 73 percent of Americans trusted doctors to reform healthcare, far surpassing politicians of either party.
PFR is drawing on physician and healthcare policy expertise nationwide to advance real solutions designed to place patients and their physicians back at the center of American healthcare.
- Business Community— Employers have watched health insurance skyrocket over the past two decades. Healthcare costs now represent one of the primary concerns of the American business community. In an age of tight profit margins and financial uncertainty, businesses must either limit healthcare coverage for their employees or make cuts in other areas.
By joining physicians in calling for needed reforms, the business community can help reduce the cost of healthcare and once again find its own competitive edge in an age of intense global competition.
Physicians for Reform is a 501-(c)(4) non-profit, non-partisan, advocacy group designed to rebuild the American healthcare system based on free market principles. It seeks to keep the patient’s welfare the central focus of medicine, not the fluctuating interests of government. Specifically, Physicians for Reform seeks to:
- Present a patient-centered, fiscally responsible alternative to the Affordable Care Act.
- Improve healthcare outcomes for minorities and give low income Americans a chance to achieve the American dream.
- Provide states an alternative to expanding Medicaid that will help them balance their state budgets.
- Network patients, physicians, and business owners to give them a voice, plan, and platform to rebuild the American healthcare system.
At the end of the day we, the American people, pay for health care. Whether through higher taxes, higher prices, or lower wages, ultimately the average hard-working American shoulders this burden. Given healthcare’s overwhelming cost, we must fix our broken system. To simply let the government spend more of our money on a fatally flawed system is not a solution. There must be a better way.
Physicians for Reform believes private and complex medical decisions belong in the hands of patients and their physicians, not Washington. By giving Americans more control over their own healthcare dollars, free market forces will push medicine toward effectiveness and efficiency.